Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Lacy Splinters : The Video

I stared at the package in my hand.

It was this morning after breakfast, that my bureaucrat husband left for work. He was as sweet as a man can be also a very responsible husband.

He looked up from donning his shoelaces.

A soft smile fell on his handsome face, he opened his arms and caught me gently into his embrace. "I love you so much, hunny. Forever and ever more." he said as he breathed into my hair. "I was thinking of our last holiday trip just now. No work, no one else, just you and me. I wish it could be forever like that."

I smiled. "I love you too, sweetheart." and tightened the hug.

He was so warm.

He kissed my left cheek before leaving; left a tingling sensation that will last me through the hours he will be away from me.

5 whole years.

My cheek still tingles like a schoolgirl every time he gave me the kiss.

So chaste.

So delicate.

I watched as the door shuts, as I turned around.

Then it came.

Approximately 4 minutes after my husband left. There were 3 knocks on the door.

I opened the door, half-expecting him to return with a sheepish grin - "Sorry hunny, but I left my keys."

But there was no one when I opened the door.

Only a small package on the ground.

I blinked. 2 times.

I held the spot on my left cheek as I looked at the package.

A small card on the brown package wrote.

"Your husband is not the man he seems to be "

No comments: